Family and Consumer Sciences Education Distance Delivery Option
UW-Stout has developed a distance education option to meet the needs of place-bound individuals seeking certification and a degree in Family and Consumer Sciences Education.
Teacher education courses are delivered online:
- Methods of instruction
- Course construction
- Class/lab management
Technical courses in the major/discipline area can be taken at UW-Stout or your closest technical college.
Required general education courses can be taken online through UW-Stout or another accredited college or university.
Our online program is designed for:
- Individuals who desire to teach but have difficulty relocating to UW-Stout to earn a degree
- People who have been hired under an emergency license
- Teachers seeking additional licenses.
The courses can be completed in three years. Upon completion, you will be awarded a Family and Consumer Sciences Education degree from UW-Stout.Advisement will be provided by UW-Stout program directors with the added bonus of a student services specialist.
Note: This program is designed to meet the requirements for licensure in the State of Wisconsin. Students from other states will need to contact their state regarding licensure requirements.
Value for Your Money
If you're comparing UW-Stout's online degree customized instruction (CI) tuition to our competitors, keep in mind:
- $334 per undergraduate credit — customized instruction rate includes the textbook rental fee.
- There are no additional university-based semester fees.
- Students in customized instruction programs pay the same rate, regardless of residency.