Community living Assessments help participants and their families determine the best living situation for a participant and to look at independent living areas to continue building their skills in. Recommendations address a variety of issues that may include housing options, community resources, transition planning, and remedial skill development.
You can expect the following from a Community Living Assessment
- Assess activities of daily living, including: cooking, cleaning, meal planning, shopping, health/safety, budgeting, transportation, and knowledge of community resources
- Activities are done within a fully functioning apartment lab setting
- Assist with determining best living situation and areas to continue building skills
- Vocational skill sets can be assessed as well, upon request
Where does this service take place?
- At SVRI
- At the participant's current residence
- Within the community