It's no exaggeration that University Dining has pioneered the recycling and composting efforts across the Stout campus for decades. We are committed to leading the way in waste reduction efforts, and continuously striving to improve. Here are some highlights of what we do:
Recycling and Composting
- Spearheaded the first expanded recycling efforts on campus in 1991.
- Set the standard for campus-wide composting practices in 2010.
- 99% of our non-permanent packaging and dinnerware is entirely compostable, and is available at all of our locations across campus:
- UDS is continuously seeking an answer to that final 1%.
- The Fireside Cafe is our sustainable retail dining location, providing permanent dinnerware to our visitors.