Summer session is considered an "add-on" session to the current academic year. If you are seeking financial aid for summer session, you must have a FAFSA on file for the academic year preceding the summer term. You must also complete the additional Summer Aid Application (the online application opens in March).
Financial aid for summer is limited and depends on the availability of funds and the amount of aid already used in the prior academic year.
To apply for Summer Session financial aid:
- You must have completed a 2017-18 FAFSA.
- You must be enrolled before submitting this application.
- Submit your application after you register for summer. Your application will not be processed until you are enrolled. The only exception is if you are studying abroad; if this is the case, please simply submit as soon as possible.
Please read before submitting your application:
- Your eligibility for Summer financial aid depends on the amount of aid you are using during fall and spring; you may not have remaining aid eligibility for Summer or you may only be offered loans.
- You will be notified of your aid eligibility via your UW-Stout email.
- If you graduate in May, you are not eligible for summer financial aid.
- If you are dismissed after spring semester, you are not eligible. As always, you must maintain satisfactory academic progress standards to receive aid.
- If you drop your Summer classes or if they are canceled, your Summer financial aid may also be canceled.
- Please allow a minimum of 3 weeks for the processing of your application.
- Summer aid will disburse no earlier than June 19, 2018 (unless you are studying abroad).
- If you change your credit load after submitting this application, you must contact our office.