We know it can be challenging to meet the varied needs of your learners. We also know the gratifying feeling of helping students grow and watching them succeed.
Our online Universal Design course will teach you Universal Design for Learning (UDL) principles. With UDL principles, you will learn strategies to support a wide range of learner differences.
Our Universal Design course includes how to:
- Apply technology tools to create barrier-free accessibility.
- Apply UDL to online, blended, and traditional face-to-face learning environments.
- Systematically plan and use differentiated instructional methods.
- Create alternative assessment strategies.
These aspects will help you understand how to fulfill the needs of all learners, including English language learners and learners with a variety of learning styles and interests.
We invite you to enroll in our Universal Design course to meet your professional development goals if you need a license renewal, graduate credits, or just a refresher course.
If you need a copy of the syllabus for your employer to approve enrollment in the class, email: Online Professional Development or call 715-642-0209.
Our online Universal Design course allows you to complete your weekly assignments as they best fit your schedule. All discussion postings and projects are submitted online.
Web-based readings and videos will be available within the course. There is no textbook to purchase.
Our students include:
- Technical and community college instructors (adjunct and full-time)
- College and university professors (adjunct and full-time)
- K-12 teachers (blended classrooms and virtual schools)
- Instructional designers or curriculum developers in any setting
- Clinical healthcare educators involved in patient education, healthcare education, continuing education or in-service education, community health education, or academic healthcare education
- Trainers in corporations, professional associations, nonprofit organizations, government, and military
- Curriculum consultants, professional development coordinators, and distance education and continuing education leaders
This course is an approved elective in the Master of Science in Education online degree program.
Online Course 2 semester hours graduate credit
Instructor: Jamison Patrick
Fall: September 23 - November 1, 2019
Tuition: $452 per semester hour graduate credit ($904 per course)
Fall Tuition Due - October 2019