Our EDUC 760 Elearning and Online Teaching course includes how to
- Apply online teaching best practices and theories to enhance face-to-face instruction/training with blended learning, or convert courses and training/workshops for online delivery.
- Build an online learning community using social media and conferencing tools such as Zoom.
- Analyze research on using learning management systems for online and blended settings.
- Create prompts and facilitate discussion forums.
- Create a technology-based assessment.
- Critically analyze universal design and accessibility research.
- Create a closed caption video.
- Research, evaluate and curate digital information.
- Design and publish an electronic portfolio of course artifacts.
Three semester hours of graduate credit
Instructor: Maggie Rouman
Summer: June 8 - July 31, 2020
Tuition: $452 per semester hour graduate credit ($1,356 for a three-credit course)
Tuition Due - July 15, 2020
Fall: September 14 - November 6, 2020
Tuition: $466 per semester hour graduate credit ($1,398 for a three-credit course)
Fall Tuition Due - October 14, 2020
If you need a copy of the syllabus for your employer to approve enrollment in the class, email: Online Professional Development or call 715-642-0209.
We invite you to enroll in our E-learning for Educators course to meet your professional development goals if you need a license renewal, graduate credits, or just a refresher course.
This course is an approved elective in the Master of Science in Education online degree and the Master of Science in Career and Technical Education program.
Our students include:
- Adjunct professors
- Adjunct faculty
- College and university professors
- Technical and community college instructors
- Teachers (k-12, flipped classroom and virtual school)
- Healthcare, nurse educator, healthcare training, health education program
- Trainers (Staff training, corporate training, training and development, train the trainers)
- Curriculum designers, professional development coordinators, and distance education and continuing education leaders
How do I Register?
Complete the Online Registration Form.
When is the registration deadline?
Reserve your spot now. This program is very popular, and courses fill well before the start date. This course is offered three times each year (spring, summer, and fall).
- Tuition is the same for Wisconsin residents, out-of-state and international students
- No registration fee and no program application
- E-textbook provided as part of course tuition
- Enrollment is limited to 15 students per section
An e-textbook is provided when you log in to the course.
Palloff, R. M., & Pratt, K. (2013). Lessons from the virtual classroom: The realities of online teaching. (2nd ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass ISBN: 978-111812373
If you prefer to read a hard copy of the textbook instead of reading via your computer or tablet, you may purchase the book from online bookstores such as amazon.com or textbooks.com. NOTE the ISBN number and 2nd edition.
Additional recommended web-based articles will be available via the course modules.