International Student Tuition Scholarships
UW-Stout offers International Student Tuition Scholarships to qualified international students based on their academic achievement or grade point average (GPA), financial need, and their participation in cultural and community activities. Students receiving other types of scholarships are not eligible. The total amount of scholarship can be changed each semester and is based on the availability of funding. These scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis to full-time students. Continuing students who submit the Global Involvement Form before the deadline for the following academic year are considered first.
The value of the International Tuition Scholarship is as follows, and is awarded based on grade point average (GPA):
First academic year of graduate studies:
- $7,000* for academic year if initial GPA is 3.50-4.00.
- $6,000* per academic year if GPA: 3.0 – 3.49
- $5,000* per academic year GPA: 2.75-2.99
*Initial award (first year only) based on bachelors/undergraduate degree GPA and financial need. A cumulative UW-Stout graduate GPA in your program must be at 3.0 or higher in order to be eligible for a scholarship.
Second academic year of graduate studies:
- $6,000 for academic year GPA: 3.0–4.00
- $5,000 for academic year GPA: 2.75-2.99
- $6,000 per academic year* GPA: 3.51 and greater
- $5,000 per academic year* GPA: 3.0 – 3.50
- $4,000 per academic year* GPA: 2.75 – 2.99
Please note: Customized Instruction and ESL programs and classes are not eligible for the International Tuition Scholarship.
* The International Student Tuition Scholarship is competitive and is based on academic merit. While all applicants are considered, there is no scholarship guarantee. Please email email@example.com if you have questions.
Stout University Foundation Scholarships
International students are also eligible for a wide variety of scholarships offered by the Stout University Foundation. Full information about Stout Foundation Scholarships is available at: