Dr. Anne Antonippillai
- Algebraic theory of semigroups and its related fields.
- Mathematical, deductive reasoning, and logic in teaching mathematics.
Dr. Alex Babinski
- Algebraic groups in positive characteristic
- Lie algebra representations
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
Dr. Wan Bae
- Multi-dimensional and scientific databases.
- Geographic information systems (GIS).
- Query processing in spatial and spatio-temporal databases.
- Spatial and spatio-temporal data modeling.
- Statistical data analysis.
- Online query processing.
- Uncertainty model for moving objects.
- Computational geometry.
- Data warehousing.
Dr. Gregory Bard
Dr. Christopher Bendel
- Abstract algebra, specifically
- Modular representation theory and cohomology of algebraic groups, Lie algebras, finite groups, and related structures.
- Using computers in mathematical research.
- Involving undergraduate students in research, particularly through the use of computation.
- The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning as it applies to improving student learning in mathematics courses.
Dr. Seth Berrier
- Applied Graphics and Visualization for Art and DesignMaterial appearance capture via photogrammetry and light field capture
- Computational Photography
- Image based lighting and environment capture
- Shape & material synthesis from existing examples
- Real-time rendering and high level shading languages
- Procedural content generation
- Music analysis for visualization
Dr. Diane Christie
- The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Active learning and interactive environments
- Computer Science Education and Signature Pedagogy
- Serious Games
- Mobile computing
Dr. Matthew Corne
- Gravitational Theory
- Classical, Quantum, and Alternative Formulations
- Mathematical Aspects
- Mathematical Physics
- Interdisciplinary Applications of Geometry and Topology
- Topological characterization of geometric flows
- Problems in classical and quantum information science
Dr. Steven Deckelman
- Complex analysis in one and several variables.
- Mathematical biology including Bioinformatics and computational neuroscience.
- Undergraduate research.
Dr. Seth Dutter
Dr. Xue (Shirley) Gong
- Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems
- Applications to Biological Systems
- Applications to Tensor A pproximations
- Heteroclinic Networks
Dr. Eugen (Andrei) Ghenciu
- Symbolic dynamics
- Dynamical systems and ergodic theory
- Fractal geometry
- Iterated function systems and dimension spectrum theory
- Analytic theory of continued fractions
- Risk analysis for Unmanned Aircraft Systems
Dr. Petre (Nelu) Ghenciu
- Graph theory and combinatorics with an emphasis in Hamiltonian and pancyclic graphs.
- The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
Dr. Ayub Hossain
- Statistics, especially in the area of multivariate statistical analysis and applied probability.
Dr. Amitava Karmaker
- Discovering functional elements in the genome to construct a regulatory network.
- Analyzing chromosomal abnormality to detect DNA copy number aberrations.
- Data mining and preprocessing of biological data.
- Heterogeneous data integration.
- Developing machine learning based algorithms for data modeling.
- Statistical analysis and pattern recognition from gathered data.
Dr. Pengpeng (Mark) Lin
- Multi-Level Precondition Techniques.
- Metaheuristic Algorithms.
- Operations Research.
- Automatically Configuring Algorithms.
- Parallel Computing
- .Privacy Preserving Data Mining.
Dr. Terrence Mason
- Application development for portable devices including Android and iOS.
- Improving the usability of databases through query language development.
- Improving the teaching of computer science through established pedagogy.
Dr. Laura Schmidt
- The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning:
- Interests include dealing with mathematics anxiety, students' motivation, students' self-efficacy, and improving the teaching and learning of mathematics.
- Discrete mathematics, specifically polytopes:
- Interests involve simplicial polyhedral balls (duals to simple unbounded polyhedral) and shellings.
Dr. Tyler Skorczewski
Dr. Abraham Smith
- Differential geometry:
- Geometric methods for solving differential equations (exterior differential systems)
- Local and global geometric structures
- Symmetries and invariants
- Computation in mathematics:
- Manifold learning and pattern recognition
- Geometric and topological analysis of "big data"
- Translating abstract theorems to practical algorithms
Dr. Loretta Thielman
- The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Statistics and Mathematics.
Dr. Scott Turner
- Computer Science Education
- Applying educational theory to the CS classroom and the development of education tools
- Human-Computer Interaction
Dr. Douglas Whitaker
- Mathematics Education
- Statistics Education
- Pre- and in-service teacher development
- Assessment development and validation
Dr. Keith Wojciechowski
- Numerical methods for solving time-dependent partial differential and partial integrodifferential equations
- Analysis of nonlinear partial differential equations
- Mathematical modeling of porous media
- Constitutive modeling of swelling porous and viscoelastic materials
- Pseudospectral methods
- Numerical analysis
Dr. Jing Xi
- Application of polyhedral geometry in Statistics
- Algebraic Statistics
- Learning Bayesian Network