How does it work?
University staff will work with you to set up the courses needed to meet the requirements of your program (major). If a course is not available, the university will arrange a substitute course so that you can stay on track to graduate in four years.
Who is eligible?
You are eligible if:
- You apply during your first term of enrollment, whether fall or spring.
- Your placement test scores have placed you into the course levels required in your declared program.
In addition, you are allowed prior college credit from another post-secondary while you were in high school.
- You can enter the work force or move on to graduate school sooner.
- You can save a significant amount of money on tuition and living expenses.
- You can experience all that UW-Stout has to offer, including internships, co-ops and studying abroad.
With the four-year graduation guarantee, you will:
- Work closely with your first year and faculty advisers, who will provide information on how to complete your degree in four years.
- Work with your program director, who will provide a program plan and suggested eight-semester sequence to guide you.
- Carefully plan your course schedule, one semester at a time.
- Have a general plan for your entire four years.
Download the Four-year Graduation Guarantee brochure.