Welcome to Stout!
As your student starts their transition to our campus we wanted to be sure to welcome you as well. Your student's First-Year Registration and Orientation will have two components,
- Advising and Registration, which will be held on a Canvas online course that we recommend students complete prior to their registration date. Students will gain access to this course one week prior to their scheduled Orientation week.
- Orientation, which will be held on another Canvas online course and is open to both students and their guests during their week of orientation.
We would like to encourage you and your student to participate in the Orientation portion of First-Year Registration and Orientation (FYRO) together. Please see the schedule outline below.
Here is how your student's virtual First-Year Registration and Orientation (FYRO) will work:
Registration and Advising
Your student's registration date is the day they signed up for. That means their orientation week will open that Monday and end on Friday.
While they will be completing their Registration and Advising course and can connect with their first-year advisor early, the date they signed up for is the first date they can register for classes.
Starting June 1, the First-Year Registration and Orientation course is open for both you and your student. Follow the prompts below to enroll. Orientation will run Monday-Friday of the week surrounding your students registration day.
- Click this link.
- Click the First-Year Registration and Orientation tile
- On the next page click “enroll”
- You will need to enter your name, email and confirm you are not a robot.
- Once you enroll you will get an email to confirm your enrollment and you are in!
This course is where you will find all of our live sessions, resource fair, student panel and more! It will be open the entire month of June, if you miss one of our live sessions, come back another week! Everything we do live will be recorded and can be found in the "Media Gallery" located on the left-hand navigation of the canvas course.
Join us most evenings starting at 4:00 p.m. (with the exception of Program Meetings and a few special population meetings, see schedule overview below) during your orientation week for live sessions with various offices, live resource fairs, panels, and more!
Program Directors will hold live meetings for their majors on Wednesdays from 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m..
Any live sessions will be recorded so that students and their support system can watch at a later time.
Click the drop down below to view the full schedule of events.