The CNIT program follows UW-Stout's unique hands-on, active learning approach. As a CNIT student, you will gain real-world experience as you design, implement, and administer local and wide-area networks. You will take courses in emerging fields such as virtualization, unified communication, information security, IP Telephony, and wireless networking.
The CNIT program focuses on:
- Enterprise Network Infrastructure Setup, Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Server Installation, Configuration and Administration
- Network System Design
- Ethical Hacking and Network Security
- Linux Systems and Network Administration
- IP Telephony (VoIP)
- Wireless System
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Unified Communication and Collaboration
“Dynamic” is a word that defines today's telecommunications industry. Information technology is expanding and growing rapidly. Telecommunications is a progressive, innovative and creative field, and the opportunities are endless. It’s our goal to prepare graduates who can easily accept the challenges presented by the telecommunication industry.
The Computer Networking and Information Technology program will prepare you to:
- Communicate clearly, ethically, and responsibly, both verbally and in writing.
- Apply business and management techniques and processes.
- Evaluate emerging information technologies and their impact.
- Design, implement, administer, and analyze information technology systems.
- Integrate network security into the installation of networks, as well as business practices, policies, and user education.
- Solve business problems and enhance productivity using information technology.
CNIT Students Can Earn Certifications
Certifications are a great way to show IT industry employers that you are up to date and knowledgeable on the current topics. CNIT is a Cisco Certified Networking Academy and a Microsoft Certified IT Academy. We are an authorized Pearson VUE and Thompson Prometric Testing Center. Numerous ITM classes are embedded with industry certification examinations. The courses are taught by CNIT faculty members holding advanced IT industry certifications. As a CNIT student, you have the opportunity to earn the following certifications: